About this Quilt
Finished Size : 56" X 56"
Finished Blocks : 8" blocks
Rating : Confident Beginner
Designed By : Kelli Marshall
Sometimes the most effective graphic quilts are made with the simplest blocks. “Adventure Awaits” is one of those quilts.
This design was inspired by the wild adventures of designer Kelli Marshall’s three small boys as they chased each other all hours of the day, from sunrise to sundown. This two-block quilt owes its sophistication to a simple rotation of the Arrow block in the layout.
Add to the sophistication by creating the quilt in soft earth tones as in the quilt shown, or mix things up with plaids or prints. Whatever you choose, you know that your own adventure is waiting.
Download this quilt pattern plus nine more in the March/April 2018 digital issue of Modern Patchwork.
- 2 ¼ yards white for background
- ½ yard each of light blue (Bunny Hill Blue) and light gray (Zen Gray)
- 5/8 yard each of dark blue (American Blue) and light green (Circa Celadon)
- 1 yard dark green (Scout)
- ½ yard navy stripe (Scrumptious Stripe Navy) for binding
- 3 ½ yards backing
- Twin-size backing
Note: Fabrics used for quilt shown are all from Moda Fabrics: Bella Solids for the top, and Basics by Bonnie and Camille for the binding.