About this Quilt
Finished Size : 48" x 48"
Rating : Confident Beginner
Designed By : Stephanie Sheridan
If you walk into a contemporary cathedral, you are sure to be surrounded by stone, light, and colored glass. That description is the precise mood of “Chassis”.
Designed by Stephanie Sheridan, this quilt has the distinct feel of a modern stained glass window. It incorporates 28 distinct colors (each designated with a letter in the construction chart for ease of placement) and the variety adds to the radiance of the quilt. The construction is simple: Half-square triangles are paired with Quarter-square triangle blocks to create interesting angles and shapes. Color placement enhances the sophistication.
We like that you can change this pattern endlessly by altering color, value, and variety of hues. What’s your favorite color story?
Download this quilt pattern plus a dozen more in the May/June issue of Modern Patchwork.
- Fat Quarter* each of colors A, I, K, N, P, Y, Z, AA
- Fat Eighth** each of colors B, E, F, J, O, R, V, BB
- ¼ yard each of colors L, M, X
- 6″ x 12″ rectangle each of colors C, G, H, Q, T, W
- 12″ square each of colors D, S, U
- ¼ yard cream for inner border
- ¾ yard gray for outer border and binding
- 3 1/2 yards backing
- Twin-size batting
*Fat Quarter =18″ x 20″
**Fat Eighth = 18″ x 10″