About this Quilt
Dream at Dawn Pt. 1: Quick Sampler Quilt Pattern
Light and dark grays highlight the fresh, clear colors in each block of Sarah’s quilt. The first part of this 6-part series provides cutting and sewing instructions for Blocks A and B. Cutting instructions for the remaining blocks are given with each individual block pattern. Save all the fabric left over after each part for future installments!
Finished Quilt Size
72″ x 96″
Number of Blocks
1 Block A (18″ x 18″), 4 Block B (18″ x 18″)
- Dark gray print (blocks, setting triangles, binding): 4 5/8 yards
- Dark blue print (A, D, G Blocks): 1/2 yard
- Aqua print (blocks) Light gray print (blocks, setting triangles): 1 1/4 yards
- Blue texture (B, C, D, E, F, G Blocks): 1 yard
- Violet print (B, C, D, E, G Blocks): 3/4 yard
- Red print (B, C, D, E Blocks): 5/8 yard
- Peach print (B, C, D, E, F, G Blocks): 7/8 yard
- Yellow print (B, C, D, E, F Blocks): 1 1/8 yards
- Red texture (G Block): 1/4 yard
- Backing: 6 1/4 yards
- Batting size: 80″ x 104”
Sarah’s impressive sampler design is made with her Dandy Days collection for Studio 37 from Marcus Fabrics.
See more quilts by Sarah J. Maxwell at DesignsBySarahJ.com.
Click links below for…
The Dream at Dawn Pt. 1 quilt is patterned in the April/May 2017 McCall’s Quick Quilts issue shown below.