About this Quilt
Finished Size : 60" × 72" (152.5 × 183 cm)
Designed By : Jacquie Gering and Katie Pedersen
The pinwheel block, with its inherent movement and whimsy, is a staple in many a quilter’s repertoire. There are countless variations of this traditional block, most made with a combination of triangles. Our Mod Pinwheel Quilt version is made using foundation strip piecing. The pinwheel blocks have alternating colors to create movement, and they come together to form a skewed diamond secondary design between blocks. The three diamond blocks replicate that design and provide a bit of unexpected drama in the quilt.
Download this quilt pattern plus three others in the 4 Free Modern Quilt Patterns download.
Note: All fabric amounts are for 45″ (114.5 cm) wide fabric.
- 1/3 yd (30.5 cm) each of 9 different blue print fabrics, half light values and half dark
- 1/3 yd (30.5 cm) each of 9 different red print fabrics, half light values and half dark
- 3 yd (2.75 m) cream solid fabric
- 120 sheets of all-purpose computer printing paper (or similar)
- 1/2 yd (45.5 cm) fabric for binding
- 4 1/2 yd (4 m) fabric for backing
- 68″ × 80″ (173 × 203 cm) low-loft cotton batting
- 6 1/2″ (16.5 cm) squaring ruler
- Acid-free temporary glue stick