About this Quilt
Finished Size : 63" × 73" (160 × 185 cm)
Designed By : Jacquie Gering and Katie Pedersen
The Me and My Arrow quilt was inspired by songwriter Harry Nilsson’s fable about Oblio, the only round-headed boy in a pointed village. After a series of adventures, Oblio and his faithful dog Arrow discover that everyone has a point. This quilt is all about points. Points of all sizes ring the quilt. Even the quilting has points! Each point is crazy pieced and set into a magenta background. The bold color and unconventional design result in a unique and spirited quilt.
Me and My Arrow just might be the interesting modern quilt you’ve been looking for. Download this quilt pattern plus three others in the 4 Free Modern Quilt Patterns download.
Note: All fabric amounts are for 45″ (114.5 cm) wide fabric.
- 2 3/4 yd (2.5 m) total of 8 to 10 print fabrics in pink, fuchsia, and black and white, in a mix of values
- 4 1/2 yd (4.2 m) of solid magenta fabric for background
- 4 yd (3.7 m) fabric for backing
- 5/8 yd (57 cm) fabric for binding
- 71″ × 81″ (180 × 206 cm) low-loft cotton batting