About this Quilt
Finished Size : 4½" × 12"
Designed By : Gosia Pawlowska
Designer Gosia Pawlowska loves small, fun projects, so she created this modern Pencil Holder cover that’s just right for repurposing a recycled can. Many of the pieces are quite small, which makes this foundation paper-pieced project perfect for using up some of those colorful scraps in your stash. Coordinate the large and small scraps to create playful pencils with colorful points that match the pencil shafts like in Gosia’s project or make all the points graphite gray.
Gosia also included tips for customizing the Pencil Holder cover to fit almost any size container as well inspiration for making the design with miniature quilt blocks.
The Pencil Cover pattern comes with paper-piecing templates and easy-to-follow instructions for those who are new to foundation paper-piecing, making it the perfect project for anyone who wants to learn a new quilting technique. The resulting Pencil Holder cover is a whimsical design that’s suitable for any studio or office. It’s also a great back-to-school gift for the students in your life. Make one for a college dorm as a sweet reminder of home.
Get Gosia Pawlowska’s Pencil Holder pattern as well as 22 other quilt and home décor projects for every room in your house when you order a copy of Modern Patchwork Home or download the eBook today to get started right away.
- Background fabric, ¼ yard gray (paper pieces 3, 4, and 5)
- Off-white fabric, 1⁄8 yard for pencil “wood” (paper piece 1)
- Scraps, (8) 2½” × 3½” strips for pencil shafts (paper piece 6)
- Scraps, (8) 1″ squares for pencil points (paper piece 2)
- Lightweight woven fusible interfacing, ¼ yard
- Container, 5¼” tall × 12″ circumference
- Pencil Holder paper-piecing templates (see Templates section in book)
Order your copy of Modern Patchwork Home today or download the eBook for instant access.