About this Quilt
Quiet Village Part 1 of 3
Skill Level ♦♦♦♦
Make a beautiful masterpiece while learning wonderful techniques with our 3-part series wall hanging.
Machine Quilted by
Joanne Hendrick of Bee Stitched
Finished Quilt Size
51 1/2″ x 51 1/2″
- White solid (village foundation) 3/4 yd.
- Assorted beige, brown, light green, rust, and gold prints, textures, and batiks (houses, roofs, walls) 1-1 1/4 yds. total
- Assorted brown batiks (doors, windows) 1/4-3/8 yd. total
- #1 green print (1st and 4th borders) 3/8 yd.
- Medium purple/gold batik (2nd border) 1/2 yd.
- Navy/dark rust border stripe (Tile Blocks) 1 yd.
- Navy large floral (Tile Blocks) 1 fat quarter*
- Assorted medium and dark green, blue, gold, and red prints, textures, and batiks (Tile Blocks) 3/4-1 yd. total
- Rust print (outer border) 1 1/8 yds.
- Gold print, gold dot batik, red print, and dark gold dot batik (flowers) 1/4 yd. each
- Golden brown print, gold/purple batik, dark red print, and pink/orange batik (petals) 1/8 yd. each
- Dark brown floral and dark brown/white dot (flower centers) 1/8 yd. each
- Medium green batik (vines and stems) 5/8 yd.
- Dark green batik (leaves) 3/8 yd.
- #2 green print (leaf centers) 1/4 yd.
- Cream/tan mottle (laundry) 5″ x 6″ piece
- Dark rust print (binding) 5/8 yd.
- Fusible lightweight interfacing 1 yd.**
- Backing 3 1/2 yds.
- Batting size Twin
*A fat quarter is an 18″ x 20-22″ cut of fabric.
**Based on a 22″-width.
- Spray starch
- Thin ruler
- Freezer paper
- Rotary cutting mat and ruler
- Rotary cutter
- Permanent washable glue stick
- Appliqué pressing sheet or baking parchment paper
- Fray CheckTM
- 6-strand embroidery floss, dark brown, medium brown, gray, light pink, medium pink, dark pink, beige, rose, orange, purple, light green, dark green, moss green
- Perle cotton, black, size 8
- Ultrasuede®, light green, dark green, brown, burgundy, blue, and light gray (rooflines, windowsills, doorframes) 2″ x 9″ piece each
- Heat-resistant template plastic
The kit for this project is no longer available.
See more of Rebecca LoGiudice’s patterns on her website: www.willowhillquilts.net. She can be contacted by mail at 30 Brickley Drive, Albany, NY 12205, or email: WillowHillQuilts@aol.com.