About this Quilt
Finished Size : 9½" × 24½"
Finished Blocks : 3½" square
Designed By : Jen Carlton-Bailly
This charming Quilted Patchwork Apron was inspired by a challenge to the Modern Quilt Guild staff members at the first-ever QuiltCon. One of the necessities of working at the show was an apron. To make her Quilted Patchwork Apron, designer Jen Cartlon-Bailly turned to her background in quilting. Because of her love of quarter circles and their gentle curves, she made a rectangular mini quilt and turned it into a generous pocket that extends along the entire front of the apron. The resulting design is simple yet stunning.
Of course, you can easily customize the Quilted Patchwork Apron by playing with the color and quilting designs to make this project in your own signature style—or personalize it as a heartfelt gift for a special maker in your life.
To help ensure your Quilted Patchwork Apron is a success every time, the pattern includes templates as well as tips on batching tasks and straight-line quilting. Thanks, Jen!
- Fabric scraps, (24) at least 4″ square each
- Background fabric, 1¼ yard
- Pocket backing fabric, 11″ × 27″ (not visible)
- Print fabric, (2) 4½” × WOF (width-of-fabric) strips for the underside of ties
- Batting, 11″ × 27″ rectangle
- Walking foot for straight-line quilting
- -3½” quarter circle templates A and B (see Templates section in book)
- Spray starch (optional)
- Square ruler, 3½” square (optional)
- Template plastic or cardboard (optional)
- Rotary cutting supplies (optional)
Click the links below to order your copy of Modern Patchwork Home today or download the eBook for instant access.