About this Quilt
Snowy mountain houses come in all shapes and sizes, even birdhouses. The wonky houses in Snowbirds are made from foundation roof sections and pieced patches. Designer Tricia Patterson selected fabric that carries out the theme of snow falling in the neighborhood of a mountain town. If you look really close you can see silver and white snow falling all over the houses and trees in the fabric and large snowflakes falling all over the quilt with the Simply Snowflakes Quilting motif. You might even notice the subtle suggestion of bears hibernating under the trees. Check out the pattern; there’s even an idea for a bed pillow to complement this winter-themed quilt.
Quilt Sewn by: Sewn by Tricia Patterson
Machine Quilted by: Crystal Zagnoli
Skill Level: Easy
Finished Size: 98˝ x 104˝
- 6” Bear Paw
Fabrics: Cardinal Christmas and blenders from Hoffman California Fabrics.
Batting: Warm & Natural from The Warm Company.
- Assorted Gray Tone-on-Tones: 1¼ yards total for blocks
- Assorted White Tone-on-Tones: 5⅜ yards total for blocks
- Red Tone-on-Tone #1: 1½ yards for roofs
- Assorted Green Tone-on-Tones: 2 yards total for blocks
- Assorted Black Tone-on-Tones: ¼ yard total for blocks
- Blue Tone-on-Tone: 2⅞ yards for blocks and binding
- Black Solid: ⅛ yard for blocks
- Red Tone-on-Tone #2: 1 yard for doors and border #1
- Blue Print: 2⅞ yards for sashes and border #2
- Backing 9⅜ yards
- Batting 106”x 112”
- Fusible web