About this Quilt
Finished Blocks : 42" x 54"
Rating : Intermediate
Designed By : Kristine Lundblad
Two complementary colors, when placed side by side, can vibrate, and that is just what happens in Kristine Lundblad’s stunning quilt.
Inspired by the woven piecing techniques she learned by reading m Victoria Findlay Wolfe’s book Modern Quilt Magic, Kristine took her design to a new level. She chose to create strip sets of contrasting colors in a variety of values to create a streak of lightning across this quilt.
This pattern also includes a bonus section on how to create a pieced binding to carry your colorful design all the way to the edge of a bound quilt. Ingenious!
We love how “Woven Lightning” shimmers and shines, like lightning striking over the water on a hot summer day.
Download this quilt pattern plus ten more in the September/October 2018 issue of Modern Patchwork.
- 3/8 yard each of 3 blues: Light, medium dark, and dark for strip sets
- ½ yard medium light blue for strip sets and pieced binding
- 3/8 yard each of 3 oranges: light, medium light and dark for strip sets
- ½ yard medium dark orange for strip sets and pieced binding
- 1 yard white
- ½ yard for binding (for pieced binding as shown, no yardage is required)
- 2 ½ yards backing
- Twin-size batting