Everyone has personal preferences for color. These preferences take shape in the clothes we wear, the décor in our homes, the cars we drive, and, yes—the art we create. Color preferences are so individual and often reflect the spirit of the person who loves them. We invite you to create a quilt using your own preferred color palette. Use at least three colors to create a quilt that expresses your artistic color story.
We had such a wonderful response to this colorful challenge! It was so hard to choose from the rainbow of entries we received. Thank you for you continued submissions to our Reader Challenges, your work brightens our inbox and expands our artistic minds! With that in mind, we are pleased and proud to announce the finalists for this challenge!
*Please check this list carefully for your name.*
- Frances Holliday Alford, “Sea Creature”
- Lisa Bova, “Kaliah and Komis Chillin’”
- Laurie Bucher, “Color Love”
- Linnae Costello, “Find Joy in Autumn, Winter is Coming”
- Patti Dance, “Mountain Ash”
- Anna Faustino, “Traffic Signals”
- Evans Fletcher, “Taking Flight”
- Carol C. Haantz, “Garden Girl”
- Colleen Harvey, “My Favorite Colors”
- Lois Kirkwood, “Coneflower Garden”
- Janet Lundine, “Remembering Ginkgo”
- Sally Manke, “Colors of My World”
- Susan Mattson, “Oops, Wrong Pallets”
- Steffanie McCloskey, “Summer Soul”
- Jennifer Messer, “My Summer Garden”
- Donna ONeill, “Journey Out of the Box”
- Jerri Penney, “Tyler Rose Garden”
- Finalists’ artwork must arrive in our office by August 23, 2019.
- Be sure to put your name on your artwork, and mark the top. For safety, place your entry in a plastic bag before packing it for shipping. We reserve the right to keep and possibly display your “Choose Your Own Palette” quilt until January 6, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR SHIPPING ADDRESS HAS CHANGED. SEE BELOW FOR ADDRESS!
NOTE: By submitting your Reader Challenge entry, you are authorizing Peak Media Properties to publish your project in upcoming publications and promotional materials, on our websites and in other e-media, as well as possibly display it at shows. Peak Media Properties will not be held responsible for loss or damage due to circumstances beyond our control.
Mark Your Calendar
AUGUST 23: Finalists’ quilts must be received in our offices.
DECEMBER 2019: Look for a gallery of “Choose Your Own Palette” quilts in the December 2019/January 2020 issue of Quilting Arts Magazine!
Peak Media Properties
Attn: Choose Your Own Palette
741 Corporate Circle, Suite A
Golden, CO 80401
If you have questions, contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing your work!
Featured Image | Photo credit: Getty Images/Adrienne Bresnahan