Easy Quilts Fall 2019
We love triangles! Just look at the multiple ways we piece them into our quilts: triangle-squares, Flying Geese, and stitch-and-flipped corners. Even the pointiest points can be foundation-pieced. And check out all the specialty rulers on the market designed especially for triangles.
You’ll find plenty of easy-to-piece patterns for triangles in this issue of Easy Quilts. We’ve included our favorite Sew Easy Lessons so you can make triangle-squares in a flash for Glaciers, or 4-at-a-time Flying Geese for Bountiful Blessings and Follow the Directions. Grate Steps is a wonderful way to get acquainted with foundation piecing.
If you struggle with this three-sided shape, be sure to check out Vanessa Lyman’s Troubleshooting Tips for Triangles on page 46.
This issue’s Quilts of Valor® design is Saratoga, a simple patriotic design inspired by the classic Burgoyne Surrounded quilt.
There’s so much more! Flip through the pages, flag your favorites, and gather your fabrics. Let’s get quilting!
In the Easy Quilts Fall 2019 issue:
- Going for Baroque: A harmonious triangle composition
- Glaciers: Triangle-squares create one cool quilt
- Saratoga: Tradition with a twist for Quilts of Valor®
- Prism Break: Uncover a brilliant display of color
- Stars Over Santa Fe: Stellar southwestern design
- Follow the Directions: Flying Geese arrows point the way
- Grate Steps: New angles for easy foundation piecing
- Lullaby Land: Simple and sweet Quilt for Kids
- Colorado Sunset: Make multicolored, majestic mountains
- Dart About: Target simple stitch-and-flip triangles
- Bountiful Blessings: Panel showcases seasonal sentiments
- Vista: Piece a pixelated autumn landscape
- Sew Easy: Quick Triangle-Squares
- Sew Easy: 8-at-a-Time Triangle-Squares
- Sew Easy: Stitch-and-Flip Corners
- Sew Easy: Paper Foundation Piecing
- Sew Easy: Crazy-Pieced Blocks
- Sew Easy: Quick-Pieced Flying Geese
- Sew Easy: Fussy Cutting
- Sew Easy: Making Bands
- A Giving Quilt – Creating acts of kindness in your community
- Troubleshooting Tips for Triangles: Pointers for patchwork point