From the Staff of Fons & Porters Easy Quilts
As the end of 2018 draws to a close and we gear up for 2019 (where does the time go?), we know many of you are looking for projects and inspiration for quilt gifts. Quilts are such personal and practical presents to show you care. We also know how precious your time is and how long your gift list can get. Easy Quilts Winter 2019 is here to help!
First, have you noticed all the panel prints popping up in quilt stores these days? We have. Perhaps you passed them by because they didn’t inspire you. Did you know that simply adding colorful pieced borders can take a ho-hum panel from drab to fab? Check out the dazzling Unicorn Dreams or the adorable MacDonald’s Farm. We love, love, love Moose Tracks with its creative plan for customizing borders on a variety of panels. Or, for something completely different, why not try a new technique: use a chenille cutter to transform 4 identical panels into the fluffy Playful Ewe mat.
In addition, you’ll find 7 more quilts to cover virtually anybody on your gift list. From the delightful Beach Girl for your mermaid-loving tot to Trip to Lancaster—a brilliant twist to a traditional-looking design any teen or adult would adore. Use fun retro prints to whip up Rockin’ Round the Block or holiday prints for Heart Warming. We think any time of the year is appropriate for giving to the Quilt of Valor® Foundation, and we salute all service men and women with Waves of Glory.
Grab a copy, flip through the pages and flag your favorites. It’s time for some winter quilting!
Table of Contents
- Heart Warming Sew your heart out!
- MacDonald’s Farm Playtime with farm pals panel
- Playful Ewe Turn multiple panels into a fl uff y mat
- Beach Girl Whimsical mermaid prints make waves
- Unicorn Dreams Frame a fun panel in rainbow of colors
- Waves of Glory Saluting Quilts of Valor®
- Round Pegs Easy blocks fi t perfectly together
- Trip to Lancaster A traditional look from simple blocks
- Turn the Corner Take cool batiks in a new direction
- Rockin’ Round the Block Bop into a blast from the past!
- Moose Tracks Customize borders for quick panel quilt
- Sew Easy: Adding a Hanging Sleeve
- Sew Easy: 8-at-a-Time Triangle-Squares
- Sew Easy: Using Tri-Recs Tools
- Sew Easy: Strip Sets
- Sew Easy: Stitch & Flip Corners
- Sew Easy: 3-Color Hourglass Units
- Sew Easy: Quick Pieced Flying Geese Units
- Sew Easy: Quick Triangle-Squares
- A Giving Quilt: Sharing a love of quilting with others