Since we’re well into March, we may need to revisit the quilty resolutions we made at the beginning of the year and solidify a plan on how to reach the goals we’ve set for ourselves. First, in our Around the Quilt Frame segment, Tracy speaks with our super organized guest, Stephanie Palmer of the Quilter’s Planner, about how she works her goals and plans into her life and how she invites others to do the same. Then, Vivika Hansen DeNegre—Editorial Director of Quilting Arts and Quilting Arts TV—is with us to talk about QuiltCon and The 100 Day Project. Finally, we leave you with an ever-controversial topic in our fine finishes segment that we’ve dubbed, “Pressing Matters.” You’ll want to stick around for that one! This is the quilting podcast you’ve been waiting for—take a listen!
- Not sure how? Get step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe to The Quilting Company Podcast here (make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom)!
- Learn more about Lori, Tracy, and Carrie in this blog: Announcing… The Quilting Company Podcast
- Welcome | what are your 2019 quilty resolutions?
- Around the Quilt Frame | a talk with Dr. Stephanie Palmer of the Quilter’s Planner
- Open Studio | Vivika Hansen DeNegre on QuiltCon and the 100 Days Project
- Fine Finishes | “pressing matters” – how do you press your fabric?
- Stephanie Palmer, Ph.D., creator/Editor-in-Chief and Publisher of The Quilter’s Planner and The Quilter’s Planner Magazine
- Read about the 100 Day Project participants and Making Mini Quilts for the 100 Day Project on The Quilting Company blog
- Purex Sta-Flo Concentrated Liquid Starch – directions for diluting are on the bottle. Lori likes a solution of 1/2 starch, 1/2 water and Carrie prefers a stronger 3:1 solution.
- Pressing resources:
THE CONTROVERSY CONTINUES!
Fine Finishes topic: “Pressing Matters”
- We asked, “How do you press your fabric? To the dark? Do you press your seams open?”
- What are your thoughts?? Leave your answers in the comments below!
Note: By answering our question, you are giving us permission to read your answer in an upcoming episode.
TALK TO US!
Thank you to our sponsor, Husqvarna Viking!