We’re talking about what Merriam-Webster defines as a “magical power”—our quilty MOJO—that desire and impulse to create. Where do we find it and how do we use it? First, Lori speaks to our guest, Cathy Renaldo, a Customer Care Specialist at SVP Worldwide and Husqvarna Viking Educator, in addition to being a lifelong quilter, former quilt shop owner, quilt designer, and teacher with longarm quilting expertise. Then, Lori, Tracy and Carrie talk about what sparks their creativity and inspires them. Lastly, they ruffle some terminology feathers in our “Fine Finishes” segment. Stick around and you might find some quilty MOJO of your own! This is the quilting podcast you’ve been waiting for—take a listen!
- Not sure how? Get step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe to The Quilting Company Podcast here (make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom)!
- Learn more about Lori, Tracy, and Carrie in this blog: Announcing… The Quilting Company Podcast
- Welcome | Where do we find our quilty mojo and how do we use it?
- Around the Quilt Frame | Lori talks with Cathy Renaldo about what inspires her creativity
- Open Studio | Lori, Tracy, and Carrie discuss where they find their quilty mojo
- Fine Finishes | What do you say? Sewer, seamstress, or sewist?
- Cathy Renaldo, Education Support Specialist for Husqvarna Viking
- Lori’s blog—Irish Quilt Pattern Inspiration—about the Irish quilt she made for her husband, Bake
- Lori wrote a blog, It’s Just the Back: Pieced Quilt Backs, that shows several examples of her pieced quilt backs
- Jemima Flendt’s Quilt Big book about quilting with big blocks
- Scrap Quilt Enthusiasts Facebook group that offers lots of inspiration
- Manhole T-Shirt art—Carrie shared this video on the Quilting Arts Facebook page
THE CONTROVERSY CONTINUES!
Fine Finishes topic: sewer, seamstress, or sewist?
- We asked, “What term do you use to describe those who sew?”
- What are your thoughts?? Leave your answers in the comments below!
Note: By answering our question, you are giving us permission to read your answer in an upcoming episode.
TALK TO US!
Thank you to our sponsor, Husqvarna Viking!