Lori, Tracy, and Carrie jump right into a discussion about passing the sewing and quilting legacy onto future generations. Then, Luana Rubin (owner of eQuilter) and her daughter Sophie join Tracy and her daughter Cydney in our studio to continue the conversation on how quilting has bridged the generational gap in their families. And, like always, we’ll finish up with our “Fine Finishes” segment—today, we talk quilt labels. This is the quilting podcast you’ve been waiting for—take a listen!
- Not sure how? Get step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe to The Quilting Company Podcast here (make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom)!
- Learn more about Lori, Tracy, and Carrie in this blog: Announcing… The Quilting Company Podcast
- Welcome | How do we pass on the quilting legacy to future generations?
- Open Studio | Experiential learning, organizations, and keeping it in the family
- Around the Quilt Frame | Luana and Sophie Rubin join us to discuss how quilting is passed down in the family
- Fine Finishes | Labeling quilts
- Some fun photos from our day taping episode 6, around and in the studio
- Social Justice Sewing Academy‘s mission statement: “Piecing together youth voices, textile art, and community in a 21st Century Sewing Circle”
- Quilty, hosted by Mary Fons and produced by Rebecca Fons
- Lori and Angie quilt together even though they’re far apart, geographically—we have an example of that correspondence focusing on the All a Twitter block-of-the-month program
- Sophie and Cydney both had the same green Hello Kitty sewing machine as kids:
- Sophie Rubin—daughter of Luana Rubin, owner of eQuilter.com—appears on QATV, as early as age seven!
- Luana refers to the class, Gradient Dyeing “Rad Ombres” with Cindy Lohbeck, at eQuilter on 7/14
- Annette Falvo’s token quilt was about her grandfather trading tokens during WWII—here’s the whole story: Meet the Staff: Annette Flavo
- We have more ideas for your quilt labels (9 Quilt Label Tips) and how to care for them (Quilt Care Labels)
- Sunbonnet Sue quilt label made by Audrey Hiers mentioned by Tracy
THE CONTROVERSY CONTINUES!
Fine Finishes topic: how and why do we label quilts?
- We asked, “Why do you label your quilts? How do you do it?”
- What are your thoughts?? Leave your answers in the comments below!
Note: By answering our question, you are giving us permission to read your answer in an upcoming episode.
TALK TO US!
Thank you to our sponsor, Husqvarna Viking!