It’s all about panels on today’s show. We talk to our guest, Ginger Sheehy Tatic (Executive Producer of Video for the Crafts Division at F+W Media) about how panels got her into quilting. We also discuss innovative and unique ways to use panels in quilts and quilting projects. Then, we reveal the most efficient way to rip seams in our Fine Finishes segment. But first, a big announcement… This is the quilting podcast you’ve been waiting for—take a listen and remember to rate and review this podcast on your podcast player!
- Not sure how? Get step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe to The Quilting Company Podcast here (make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom)!
- Learn more about Lori, Tracy, and Carrie in this blog: Announcing… The Quilting Company Podcast
- Welcome | Carrie has an announcement—it’s a big one!
- Open Studio | Ginger Sheehy Tatic visits to discuss how panels made a difference in her life
- Fine Finishes | We’ve been ripping seams the wrong way!
- KISS cotton print panel from Robert Kaufman Fabrics
- Stack six panels, cut into triangles, and piece hexagons—our inspiration for such a brilliant and innovative technique: Christmas Crackers by Rachel Hayes
- We mentioned creating mirror images in your quilts—here’s a Sew Easy video tutorial that shows this technique using a clamshell mirror:
- Use the chenille technique with four panels for an innovative take on panel quilts (pattern from Easy Quilts Winter 2019): Cut ‘Em Up! Playing With Chenille Panel Quilt Patterns
- Margie Ullery of Ribbon Candy Quilt Company teaches 12 panel projects in this online course, Creative Quilting & Sewing with Fabric Panels:
- Aby Dolinger designed this quilt for the Quick Quilts August/September 2019 issue using the Northcott Stonehenge Kids Undersea 3D panel!
- A favorite seam ripper with a rubber tip on the end that grabs and removes threads: Dritz Seam-Fix Seam Ripper
- Dritz has a video tutorial on how to rip seams efficiently (!!!) with the Dritz Seam-Fix Seam Ripper:
THE CONTROVERSY CONTINUES!
Fine Finishes topic: how and why do we label quilts?
- We asked, “Why do you label your quilts? How do you do it?”
- What are your thoughts?? Leave your answers in the comments below!
Note: By answering our question, you are giving us permission to read your answer in an upcoming episode.
TALK TO US!
Thank you to our sponsor, Husqvarna Viking!