We’re getting down to the nitty-gritty as we discuss our quilting heritage and our journeys to our current quilting lifestyles. We explore how we got into quilting and where this incredible journey has taken us, then we discuss and learn more about the Quilts of Valor® program, which awards quilts to any warrior who has been touched by war. We end the program by stating where each of us stands on the extremely controversial topic… to pin or not to pin?
- Not sure how? Get step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe to The Quilting Company Podcast here (make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom)!
- Learn more about Lori, Tracy, and Carrie in this blog: Announcing… The Quilting Company Podcast
- Welcome | who we are and what we do
- Around the Quilt Frame | our quilty lives and how we got here
- Open Studio | overview of the Quilts of Valor® Foundation
- Fine Finishes | to pin or not to pin?
- Document your quilts: Lori talks about making a record of the quilts she’s made (all 300+ of them!)—here’s an example of how she keeps track of her work:
- Snowbirds quilt pattern by Wendy Sheppard: this is the original quilt pattern for Carrie’s first quilt
- Quilts of Valor® Foundation: hover over the menu options in the red bar at the top of the homepage to learn more
- Sharon Schamber’s method for perfectly straight binding: Tracy’s go-to quilt binding method… using glue!
- 1,000 Pyramids Quilt (aka 1,000 Triangles Quilt)
- The Singer ATHENA 2000: the world’s first electronic sewing machine introduced in 1975. Check out the timeline of Singer’s brand history and, just for fun, download a PDF of the ATHENA 2000 manual.
- Quilts! Quilts!! Quilts!!!: The Complete Guide To Quiltmaking by Diana McClun and Laura Nownes: Tracy’s first official how-to quilting resource
- Sew Kind of Wonderful: Tracy learned the no-pin method for sewing curves from this group at Quilt Market
- Jane Sassaman: Fun Quilts, Fine Quilts, & Fabric Design
- Quilt in a Day with Eleanor Burns: a PBS quilt show that has been influential in many quilters’ lives
THINGS WE SHOULD MENTION (BUT DIDN’T DISCUSS):
- First-Timer Tips For Longarm Quilting (Everyone Can Longarm Quilt!): this blog is all about Carrie’s first quilt, Lots of Love, and her longarm quilting adventures—there are some great tips in this one!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE ASKED YOU:
“How do you pin and why?”
- Leave your answers in the comments below!
Note: By answering our question, you are giving us permission to read your answer in an upcoming episode.
TALK TO US!
Thank you to our sponsor, Husqvarna Viking!