Download your free Vintage Quilt Patterns eBook from The Quilting Company now!
*By providing your email address you will begin to receive our newsletters, special offers and more free content from The Quilting Company.
Antique quilts are much-loved, and avidly sought by collectors. Scrap quilt patterns are among many quilters’ favorites. And patterns to create these repro beauties are among the most popular we publish. Collected in this unique free eBook are patterns to make 3 antique-looking quilts, whether you choose to use all reproduction fabrics or to experiment with more modern fabrications. From repro Civil War prints to 1930s feedsacks to all-eras scrap basket treasures, these beautiful free quilt patterns are just what you need to turn your fabrics into a stunning antique-looking vintage quilt.
This free Vintage Quilt Patterns eBook from The Quilting Company gives you 3 memorable antique-look patterns, including:
- “Scrap Sensation” designed by Sarah Maxwell and Dolores Smith, perfect for using any and all scrap fabrics from your stash. Make this queen size scrap quilt all at once, or stitch blocks one by one as you accumulate fabric scraps for a “scrapbook” of your past quilting projects.
- “Buds ‘n Bow Ties” designed by Toby Preston, a lap size quilt perfect for 1930s repro fabrics. With easy Bow Tie Blocks and dimensional appliqued buds and bows, everyone will love this nostalgic quilt.
- “Honeycomb” made in Cumberland County, PA around 1880, an authentic antique quilt made with the English paper-piecing method. This technique makes Honeycomb a great carry-along project for quilting on the go.
With your free download of the Vintage Quilt Patterns eBook, you will become a valued member of The Quilting Company family. This includes:
- The Quilting Company News, our free biweekly e-newsletter highlighting the latest The Quilting Company news and exclusive offers
- Insider information and sneak peeks of new features coming to The Quilting Company
- Access to free video tutorials, quilt patterns, tips, techniques, and more!
Download your free Vintage Quilt Patterns eBook now!
If you admire the beauty of antique quilts…if you wish you could learn techniques used by quilt makers of long ago…if you’d like to use up the scraps of fabric in your stash…the 3 repro quilt patterns in this free eBook are exactly what you need. Get inspired by the quilt patterns and techniques included in our Vintage Quilt Patterns eBook today!
Your eBook is waiting! Download now to get started on one of these unique free scrappy quilt patterns!
Your free eBook comes with all the instructions, diagrams, photographs, and templates you will need to make any or all of these 3 vintage and vintage-inspired quilt patterns. English paper-piecing and dimensional fabric tricks are just two of the fun techniques explored in these free quilt patterns. Take a look at the inspiration waiting for you!
Free Repro Quilt Pattern #1: “Scrap Sensation”
Fabric scraps as small as 3″ square are perfect to use in this striking quilt. Divide your fabrics into darks and lights and start sewing pieced squares (half-square triangle units) for the 80 Mosaic Blocks that make up this queen size beauty. The download even includes a link to a free lap size version of this pattern in case you run out of scraps! Scrap Sensation is equally at home in traditional and modern interiors and will add a cozy feel to any bedroom. Finished size is 84″ x 102″.
Free Vintage-Inspired Quilt Pattern #2: “Buds ‘n Bow Ties”
Get out your 1930s repro fabrics or vintage feedsacks and stitch a lovely lap quilt that would have made Grandmother proud! The Bow Tie Blocks are super easy to piece, and dimensional touches are added with folded flower buds and a perky tied bow in the outer border. This feminine, old-fashioned quilt is sure to be a favorite of girls of any age. Finished size is 56½” x 84½”.
Free Antique Quilt Pattern #3: “Honeycomb”
The unknown maker of this 1880s quilt certainly had an eye for color and design! The yummy cheddar-colored border is the perfect frame for all the assorted dark and light elongated hexagons in the quilt center, and it’s characteristic of Pennsylvania quilts of that era. Learn or improve English paper-piecing skills as you prepare and join the hexagon shapes needed for the vertical rows. This is a wonderful project for carry-along hand stitching, as only the border strips are added by machine. Finished size is 67″ x 78″.
These 3 free vintage quilt patterns are so unique and beautiful! Get started on one now!
Have you decided which of these gorgeous repro quilts you’ll start first? Clear out your scrap stash, showcase your 1930s fabric collection, or start a hand-work project and create a reproduction antique quilt your entire family will love. You’ll build quilting skills and organize your fabric collection as you go…what could be better?