Happy anniversary to us!
With this issue, we are beginning the 20th year of publishing Love of Quilting. Our celebration will include lots of fun in print and on the web. We’re going to talk about how things have changed in the past 20 years as well as how things have stayed the same. We are planning an anniversary series quilt to start with the November/December issue. And while all that is going on, we will still show you how to make some really beautiful quilts.
I’ve been thinking that it’s nearly time for county fairs and long drives in the country so we’ve featured a few quilts in this issue that would be great barn quilts and several quilts that we think would be prizewinners if you were to enter them in your local fair. If you do, please send photos. We’d love to see your fun.
We’ve been working for several months on a new set of Sew Easy Lessons. They are in alphabetical order in the back of the magazine. We have some old techniques as well as some new ones: all with a fresh, updated look. We think you’ll like them.
And starting this July, watch for the 3400 series of Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting—we’ve got a brand-new set! Check your local listings for air times.
Inside the July/August 2019 issue of Love of Quilting:
- Prairie Gathering: Pretty with pieced curves
- Carpenter’s Song: Carpenter’s Star block
- Moon Hopper: Circular illusion
- Indivisible: Quilt of Valor®
- Coral & Pearls: Vintage inspiration
- Grandma’s Garden: Lovely secondary patterns
- Darling: Easy scalloped border
- La Grange: Barn-inspired beauty
- Happy Baskets: Playful summertime quilt
- Chirp Crossing: Foundation-pieced pillow
- Farmhouse Traditions: Technique-laden wall quilt
- Parade of Roses: Prizewinning possibilities
- Sew Easy: 8-at-a-Time Triangle-Squares
- Sew Easy: Continuous Bias Binding
- Sew Easy: Curved Piecing
- Sew Easy: Fussy Cutting
- Sew Easy: Mitering Corners
- Sew Easy: Paper Foundation Piecing
- Sew Easy: Quick-Pieced Flying Geese
- Sew Easy: Quick-Pieced Triangle-Squares
- Sew Easy: Stitch & Flip Corners
- From the Editor
- Shop Hop
- Sew Many Tips
- Sew & Tell
- Quilting the Quilt: Family Ties
- Explorations in Quilting
- Trunk Show: Eleanor Burns
- Download the free Gibraltar quilting motif pattern.