Winter can seem so long, and it often overstays its welcome, well into March. Then comes a day–so quietly it practically sneaks up on you—when the emerald green of new growth pushes up from the tawny, tired winter grasses, and a celery-hued fuzz of young leaves appears on the trees.
Ah. Spring. FINALLY!
In gratitude for that season of renewal, we’ve picked a special bouquet of quilts for you. There’s Greeny, such unabashed celebration of the vivid color, we couldn’t name it anything else! And then there’s the lovely Morning Glory, an appliqué quilt in greens and purples that will be a wonderful, contemplative project to work on as the season blooms. Inspired by last summer’s eclipse is a quilt named, well, Eclipse! This quilt truly welcomes the warmth of the sun. And, of course, a special, tip-o’-the-hat to Saint Patrick’s day called Dublin Town, double Irish chain that we featured on the television show.
Speaking of TV, both of us took turns appearing as special guests on the latest season of Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting. It’s fun to stop back on the set to join you all, and I hope you enjoy seeing us there!
In this season of change and freshness, you’ll find that our shows— along with our articles, tutorials, patterns and advice—have shifted over to a brand-new, beautiful website, www.QuiltingCompany.com! We’re joining our sister publications under one umbrella, The Quilting Company. Stop by to get all the Fons & Porter content, as well as stories, patterns, techniques and video from McCall’s Quilting, Quiltmaker, Quilting Arts, and more!
- Morning Glory: Simple fusible applique
- Semaphoric: Vintage block inspiration
- Star Bright: Fussy-cut stars
- Berry Blue: Chic throw
- Greeny: Plentiful pinwheels
- Eclipse: Dramatic stars
- Orange Peel Two-Step: Pieced curves
- Orchard House: Two-block beauty
- United in Gratitude: Quilt of Valor®
- Dublin Town: Double Irish Chain
- Sew Easy: Quick Triangle-Squares
- Sew Easy: Quick Hourglass Units
- Sew Easy: Using Tri-Recs Tools
- Sew Easy: Mitered Borders
- Sew Easy: 3-Color Hourglass Units
- Sew Easy: Trimming Oversize Hourglass Units
- Sew Easy: 8-at-a-Time Triangle-Squares
- Sew Easy: Quick-Pieced Flying Geese Units
- Sew Easy: Piecing Curves
- Sew Easy: Binding with Faux Piping
- From Marianne & Liz
- Shop Hop
- Sew Many Tips
- Sew & Tell
- Quilting the Quilt
- Trunk Show