Love of Quilting September/October 2019
Here at Love of Quilting magazine, we are celebrating our 20th anniversary. The first issue of Love of Quilting was the July/August issue in 1999.
I have a handful of issues from those first few years in my office and I keep looking at them and thinking about how things have changed and yet how things stay the same.
Quilters still like to make beautiful quilts. Quilters still like to give to others. But fabrics have definitely changed. And ever-inventive quilters have come up with new tools and updated techniques that make quilting both easier and more accurate.
We’ve started the special year with Trunk Shows from the founders of Love of Quilting magazine, Marianne Fons (page 40) and Liz Porter (page 54).
During the coming year, watch for an anniversary quilt that features blocks from past issues. I really love this quilt. We’re planning to start that pattern in the November/December 2019 issue. It’s worth waiting for.
Join us through the coming months as we continue to celebrate. We are having fun. I think you will too.
Inside the September/October 2019 issue of Love of Quilting:
- Hello Pumpkin: Appliquéd fall décor
- Island Swirl: Pretty seaside colors
- Posy: Wool table runner
- Refracted Fire: It’s red-hot
- Americana Pinwheels: Quilt of Valor®
- Harvest Sky: Embroidered blocks
- Garden Star Swap: Try a block exchange
- Fall Fancy: Start with a panel
- Star Show: More blocks to swap
- Canoe Junction: One-block wonder
- Checkered Past: Vintage quilt refresh
- Candy Dreams: Group quilt with citrus colors
- Cozy: Swap blocks for lots of variety
- Sew Easy: 3-Color Hourglass Unit
- Sew Easy: 8-at-a-Time Triangle-Squares
- Sew Easy: Bias Strips for Appliqué
- Sew Easy: Binding with faux Piping
- Sew Easy: Continuous Bias Strips
- Sew Easy: Curved Piecing
- Sew Easy: Fusible for Appliqué
- Sew Easy: Fussy Cutting
- Sew Easy: Mitering Corners
- Sew Easy: Quick-Pieced Flying Geese
- Sew Easy: Quick-Pieced Hour Glass Units
- Sew Easy: Quick-Pieced Triangle-Squares
- Sew Easy: Stitch & Flip Corners
- Sew Easy: Set-In Seams
- From the Editor
- Shop Hop
- Sew Many Tips
- Sew & Tell
- Quilting the Quilt: Let’s get It On
- Trunk Show: Marianne Fons
- Trunk Show: Liz Porter
- Download the free Priscilla’s Star quilting motif pattern