The Love of Quilting September/October 2016 issue has something for everyone! Quilters know that Love of Quilting is the best source for traditional quilts and reliable instructions. This issue has that and more!
Choose from piecing techniques, including foundation paper piecing, string piecing, and wool appliqué. Make a king, bed-size quilt pattern, like Liz Porter’s Carpenter’s Square, or a full bed-size quilt pattern, like Fat Quarter Baskets by Thimbleberries’ Lynette Jensen. There are plenty of Sew Easy lessons to give you a leg up on quilting techniques, including tips on creating quick-pieced Flying Geese units and mitered borders. These projects and more will surely inspire you to start your Fall and Winter projects now!
Take advantage of eight free quilting video tutorials! Our Sew Easy lessons are here to help you perfect your skills. Find them below! Plus, we always feature at least one Quilt of Valor in each Love of Quilting issue. Find out more about Quilts of Valor if you’re interested in donating to a serviceman or woman.
Quilts Featured In This Issue
- Sew Easy: Mitered Borders
- Sew Easy: Quick-Pieced Flying Geese Units
- Sew Easy: 8-at-a-Time Triangle Squares
- Sew Easy: Quick Hourglass Units
- Sew Easy: Paper Foundation Piecing
- Sew Easy: Needle-Turn Appliqué
- Sew Easy: String Piecing on Foundation Paper
- Sew Easy: Quick Triangle-Squares
- Quilting the Quilt: Variegated Threads
In This Issue
- From Marianne & Liz: Getting ready for fall weather
- Shop Hop: Products to look for at your local shop
- This Old Quilt: Quilts — a form of self-expression
- Sew & Tell
- Sew Many Tips: Clever ideas from quilters