On the 3200 series of “Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting,” we see some spectacular quilts–and learn how to make them! Host Sara Gallegos is joined by her guests to teach some amazing reverse appliqué, simplified bargello techniques, crazy piecing, and bobbin work, just to list a few techniques! Angela Huffman, Marianne Fons, and Mary Fons are special guests on this series, so we get to visit with good friends and see their current patchwork projects.
- Download the free series supplies list which includes information about the 3200 series projects.
The sewing machine for this series is the Pfaff Creative Icon. For piecing, we use the ¼” quilting presser foot. Much of the fabric featured on this series was generously provided by QT Fabrics, and their subsidiary Ink & Arrow. The longarm machine featured is the Millennium from APQS.
Patterns and instructions for quilts are featured in Love of Quilting magazines, or can be found on our website. We have Love of Quilting DVDs and online streaming video available for our TV shows, beginning with the 400 series, available in our online shop.
In most episodes, Sara Gallegos and her guest will use these tools and notions:
- Fons & Porter 45mm Rotary Cutter
- Fons & Porter 8” x 14” Ruler
- Fons & Porter Tomato Pincushion
- Fons & Porter 4” Quilter’s Scissors
- Fons & Porter 5-1/2” Quilter’s Scissors
- Fons & Porter Ultimate Stiletto
- Fons & Porter Ergonomic Seam Ripper
- Fons & Porter Mechanical Pencil
- Fons & Porter Quarter Inch Seam Marker
- Fons & Porter Glue Marker
- Klutz Safety Glove
- Mary Ellen’s Best Press
- Rowenta First Class Travel Iron
- Dritz Glass Head Pins
- 3201: Reverse Appliqué
- 3202: Getting Gussied Up
- 3203: Patchworthy
- 3204: Chain Link Pillow
- 3205: A Way With Appliqué
- 3206: Patriot
- 3207: 7047 Miles
- 3208: Primary Lessons
- 3209: Starry Surprise
- 3210: Berry Blue
- 3211: Mademoiselle Jackie
- 3212: Simple Crazy Piecing
- 3213: Kiddos & Bobbins