Table of Contents
Pattern Bonus Content
- Download a printer friendly quilting motif for Spring Mosaic
- Download a printer friendly quilting motif for Strawberry Sundae
- Download a printer friendly alternate kite foundation for Kites in Flight
- Download a printer friendly applique patterns for Spice Pinks
- Download a printer friendly foundations and quilting motif for Blushing Buds
- Download a printer friendly quilting motif for Santa Fe
- Download a printer friendly quilting motif for Garden Party
- Download a printer friendly applique pattern for Mimi’s Garden
- Blushing Buds
- Chop Suey
- Garden Party
- Kites in Flight
- Little & Lively
- Mimi’s Garden
- Santa Fe
- Sea Glass
- Spice Pinks
- Spring Mosaic
- Strawberry Sundae
- Idaho Square Dance
Use your stash for this scrappy block!
Instructions to make the 7″ Idaho Square Dance blocks can be found in Bonnie Hunter’s Addicted to Scraps column in the May/June 2015 issue of Quiltmaker.
For a 55-1/2″ x 65-1/2″ throw quilt (as shown) you will need:
30 Circle of Friends blocks
20 7-1/2″ x 7-1/2″ setting squares
2 5-7/8″ squares, cut diagonally for 4 corner triangles
5 11-1/4″ squares, cut twice diagonally for 24 setting triangles (there will be 2 extra)
Sew the blocks, 7-1/2″ squares and setting triangles into diagonal rows. Sew the rows together and add the corner triangles.
For the border, cut two 3″ x 62″ strips for the side strips and two 3″ x 58″ strips for the top and bottom strips. Refer to “Borders” in Basic Lessons to measure and trim the border side strips. Matching centers and ends, sew the border side strips to the quilt. Repeat to add the border top and bottom strips.