It’s the most wonderful time of the year! In addition to the holiday sewing preparations, it’s also time to make your sewing wish list. Our staff got into the holiday spirit with the staff ornament challenge and by sharing the one thing we want from Santa this year. To get you into a festive mood, we’ve gathered a nice batch of patterns to help you surround yourself and your loved ones with beautiful things this Christmas, from small, quick projects to luxurious quilts that will keep you warm all winter long. Our row quilt patterns can be made as they are, or you can break them up into smaller pieces to make fast, easy gifts for everyone on your list. However you like to celebrate the season, you’ll find something to celebrate in this issue. Happy quilting and even happier holidays to you and yours!
Gigi Khalsa, Associate Editor
Table of Contents
- Editor’s Letter: Make your holiday sewing list and your wish list, too.
- Fresh Picks: A few fun gift ideas to include in your letter to Santa.
- Quilter to Quilter: McCall’s Quilting readers share their beautiful handiwork.
- McQ&A: Editors share their favorite handmade Christmas ornaments.
- Quilt Basics: The quiltmaking techniques you need to make the patterns in this issue.
- Decorating for the Holidays: Keep the winter chill at bay by decking your home with all kinds of quilty Christmas cheer.
- Mission (Im)Possible: How to get a Christmas row quilt done—fast!
- I Love This Quilt! Tricia Patterson is going to check an item off of her quilting bucket list.
- Glitter Blossom: A dazzling Christmas tree skirt that will command all the attention.
- Merry Little Christmas: A quick and easy hand-embroidered decor project.
- Santa’s Toy Shop: Recreate the hustle and bustle of the holidays with this scrappy delight.
- Ornament Exchange: Quilting Company staff share five handmade ornament designs.
- Garden Gift: A cozy Christmas throw quilt in red and green.
- Hoppy Holidays: An embroidered pillow cover project that everybunnny will love.
- A Bitty Christmas: Little bitty blocks make a big impact in this holiday row quilt.
- Christmas Sampler: Keep the festive fun going with this large holiday row quilt pattern.
- Winter Forest: Foundation piecing makes this vertical row quilt unique and special.
- Sugarplums Dancing: This sweet treat of a quilt will perfect your curved seam technique.
- Winter Twister: A single block creates a mesmerizing design in this generous throw.
- Gemstone Dreams: You’ll treasure this gem of a pattern for its stunning dimensional results.
- Schoolhouse Steps: Cutting Patches Efficiently
- Schoolhouse Steps: Piecing and Cutting Bands for Lone Star Blocks
Pattern Pull-Out Section