Patching holes, stitching up seams, gluing things back together—sewing often mirrors events in our lives. To create a joyous, productive life we are called upon to bring disparate elements such as family, work, art, and self-care together, much as we bring fabrics and thread together to make a quilt. You, talented readers, supplied a dazzling array of submissions to choose from. We are pleased and proud to announce this group of finalists.
*Please check this list carefully for your name.*
• Siri Hauge Opdal, “Grandmother”
• MaryLin Huskamp, “Cherished Vintage”
• Teresa Valverde, “Mending Barcelona 1”
• Martha Jones-Carter, “Mending Grandma’s Patchwork Quilt”
• M. Rommie McLane, “Mending Fences: One Quilt at a Time”
• Denise A. Buchwalter-Losczyk, “A Milagro Pondering”
• Janice Boiduk, “The Doll Fixer”
• Cheryl Leedom, “After the Storm”
• Jamie S. Willis, “Make Do and Mend It All”
• Sue Hunt, “Life Well Mended”
• Denise Epp, “Mending Fences #1”
• Mariana Brennan, “Hope and Inspiration”
Artwork must arrive in our office by September 30, 2018.
Be sure to put your name on your artwork, and mark the top. For safety, place your entry in a plastic bag before packing it for shipping.
F+W/Quilting Arts Magazine
Attn: ‘I’ve Got a Notion’ Reader Challenge
2 Mill & Main Place, Suite 610
Maynard, MA 01754
We reserve the right to keep and possibly display your “Mended” quilt until January 11, 2019.
Note: By submitting your Reader Challenge entry, you are authorizing F+W to publish your project in upcoming publications and promotional materials, on our websites and in other e-media, as well as to possibly display it at shows. F+W will not be held responsible for loss or damage due to circumstances beyond our control.
If you have questions, contact Katie at [email protected]
Featured image: Detail of a nine-patch fragment mini quilt by Jude Hill. Photo by Larry Stein.