Modern quilts come out of the modern quilting movement, which puts emphasis on simple, bold, abstract designs with bright colors and contemporary commercial fabrics, often including a large field of unpieced fabric that shows off the quilt stitching. Many modern quilt patterns are abstractions of traditional quilt blocks; these are referred to as modern patchwork.
Top Modern Quilting Resources:.
- Download four free modern quilt patterns in this beautiful eBook from Quilting Arts.
- Browse the whole library of designs in the modern quilt gallery.
- Or give something new a try with this article on modern quilts with triangles.
We also have loads of modern quilting articles that will inspire and delight your quilting, here are a few favorites to get you started:
- What Makes it a Modern Quilt?
- Modern Quilting: Deep Roots & a Bright Future
- Quilt with the Pros: Weekend Quilting Book Showcase
- 5 Fresh Modern Quilts Featuring Flying Geese
- Interview with Weekend Quilting Expert Jemima Flendt
- 3 Modern Quilts Made with Jelly Rolls
- Modern Quilt Patterns: Captivating Curves
- Preserve Modern Quilts Like a Pro
- Design Your own Quilt: Try Improv Quilting