Fabric, thread, batting, pins—all of these are essentials in quilt making— not to mention rotary cutters, sewing machines, measuring tapes, scissors, and cutting mats. Don’t forget buttons, seam rippers, irons, and thimbles. Let’s not overlook design sense and the hand of the maker—you! Our inventive readers shared their quilt-y toolboxes with us in a rainbow of quilts. We are pleased to announce these finalists:
*Please check this list carefully for your name.*
- Janice Bioduk, “Some of My Favorite Things”
- Linda Butterfield, “Sewing Time”
- JaNita Clairmont, “Crow Companion” & “A Crazy Notion”
- Linda Cline, “Painted Circles”
- Debbie Coates, “Baby I’m Ready to Sew”
- Laura Cummins, “Snap Decision”
- Tonya Littman, “Kaleidoscope of Cutters”
- Denise Buchwalter-Losczyk, “My Notions: Imagination, Needle, and Thread”
- Maggie Kovacs, “I’ve Got a Notion”
- Charlotte Rutland, “Needling it All”
- Mirela S.W. Samson, “I ♥ My Design Wall”
- Patricia Smith, “Light, Reflections, & Shadows”
Share your Reader Challenge quilts with the Quilting Arts community on social media with @qareaderchallenge.
Finalists’ artwork must arrive in our office by August 3. At that time a flat return shipping and handling fee of $10 U.S, $20 Canada, and $30 for all other international entries will be due. All funds must be in U.S. dollars and made payable to F+W Media.
Be sure to put your name on your artwork, and mark the top. For safety, place your entry in a plastic bag before packing it for shipping.
NOTE: F+W Media will not be held responsible for loss or damage due to circumstances beyond our control.
F+W/Quilting Arts Magazine
Attn: ‘I’ve Got a Notion’ Reader Challenge
2 Mill & Main Place, Suite 610
Maynard, MA 01754
We reserve the right to keep and possibly display your “I’ve Got a Notion” quilt until the week of January 11, 2019.
If you have questions, contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing your work!
Featured image: Getty Images/phive2015