- Pre-cuts can save us time and money.
- They don’t take up much space.
- By eliminating some cutting, we can jump right into sewing.
- Bundles are color coordinated.
Yes, for some of us, choosing a lovely array of fabrics can still be the toughest part of quiltmaking. Working with pre-cuts will certainly help—but knowing how colors work together will build your confidence in picking fabrics.
In this issue of Pre-Cut Patchwork, we look at some basic elements of color and design to help you take your quilts from ho-hum to wowza!
Use a color wheel to discover great color combinations—like the lovely blues and greens used in Reel Blockbuster. Plot colorful prints for the polychromatic Paver Pizzazz, On the Plus Side, and Brick Wall.
Explore color temperature with Prints Charming and Tide Pools. See how value and contrast play important roles in quilts like Skyscraper and Linked Logs.
We’ve also thrown in a few patterns that use two blocks to create fun, secondary designs where the blocks meet. See if you can spot them.
Are you ready to step outside of your quilty crayon box?
- Fan Tango
- Prints Charming
- Brick Wall
- Poles Apart
- Lucky Stars
- Star Garden
- Token of Love
- Reel Blockbuster
- Linked Logs
- Paver Pizzazz
- On the Plus Side
- Tide Pools
- How to Quilt With Color
- Loving Your Leftovers: Take Cover
- Pre-Cut Primer
- Sew Easy: Strip Sets
- Sew Easy: Row Alignment
- Sew Easy: Quick-Pieced Flying Geese Units
- Sew Easy: Stitch-and-Flip
- Sew Easy: 8-At-A-Time Triangle-Square Units
- Sew Easy: Quick Hourglass Units
- Sew Easy: Quick Triangle-Squares