Get ready for summer with the latest issue of Quilting Arts Magazine. This issue has inspiring galleries, group quilts, dozens of techniques, and artist features sure to stimulate your creativity.
Rediscover handwork and embroidery with Laura Wasilowski. She shows you how to take small vignettes of everyday life and hand stitch without a pattern. Wendy Butler Berns shares her picture image applique techniques and artist Cathy Vandeford Wiggins talks about quilting with leather.
Machine quilters and electronics lovers will enjoy:
- Learning photo editing tips from Ana Buzzalino, who works in PowerPoint.
- Following Lea McComas’ ongoing Focus on Features series, focusing this issue on thread painting the mouth.
- More from Susan Brubaker Knapp as her series, Creative Machine Quilting: Finding Inspiration for Free-Motion Designs, continues with focusing on meander quilting.
Surface design is always on our mind. Enjoy these techniques:
- Combine ice dyeing and shibori folding with Susan Purney Mark for surprising results.
- Enjoy Lynn Krawczyk’s next installment in her series, Skill Building for Surface Designers, as she describes three methods of wax-free resist dyeing.
- Using simple materials with stunning results, Julie B. Booth shows how dish soap and paint create beautiful pattern on cloth.
- Use your skills to enter our latest Reader Challenge, the Fabulous Fabric Swap. (Learn more here.) We’re ‘dyeing’ to see your work!
Whether perfecting a technique or falling in love with a new project, this issue is a must have!
View more artwork by Susan Purney Mark by clicking here.
Download a pattern from Wendy Butler Berns by clicking here.