We hope that wherever you may be, your flowers are blooming and your bees are a-buzzin’! Here at Quilty, we’re busy stitching away and itching to get some sand between our toes pretty soon. Like always, this issue is jam-packed with patterns for quilters of all levels. Plus, you’ll get the next installment of Quilty’s 2018 Block of the Month Quilt, Urban Basix.
If you’ve been in a sewing slump over the winter, there’s still plenty of time to catch up—just take it a block at a time. And don’t forget to spend a few minutes with our resident longarmer, Ebony Love, as she doles out more great tips and tricks from behind the quilt frame.
All the projects inside give us the warm fuzzies, and we know you’ll love them, too.
- Check out Crazy Cat Lady showcasing our favorite FELINE friends! We know you’re out there, fellow cat fans! This cute quilt has it all: cats, mice, and muddy paw prints. And let’s be honest, this quilt may be the only way you’ll ever get a cat in a sweater…
- Swoon with us over a refracted take on an Ohio Star quilt, Ohio Star Fade. Strong colors and an editorial vision create a stunning modern version of a classic quilt.
- Feeling curvaceous? Check out Copacabana, Spin Me and Wave Runners to help you break out of the rectangular quilt box!
- Bloomin’ Fresh is just that—a springy pop of pastels that will have you stopping to smell the flowers as you stitch.
- For our color lovers out there, Scintilla, Girls Rock and Reverb will certainly satisfy your taste for bold design and intense splashes of color.
Now that the days are growing longer and snow is fading from our memories, we at Quilty will be headed outside to play and get some sun! But like you, come sundown, we’ll be cranking up the sewing machine. As we like to say, “Never go to bed without taking a stitch.”
Table of Contents
In This Issue
- Letter From the Editor
- Your Modern Heritage: Debbie Grifka—Quilting Inside the Lines
- Love, Your Longarmer: Give it to Me Straight—Quilting on a Longarm
- Quilty Store
- Ohio Star Fade: This fractured take on an Ohio Star block radiates energy with its avant-garde style.
- Bloomin’ Fresh: Simple, sweet, and pretty-in-pastel—this twin-size quilt is floral-icious and perfect for spring!
- Wave Runner: Sick of squares? Curve it up by simply playing with the arrangement of wedges.
- Copacabana: Lola, Tony and Rico know curved piecing is always in fashion! Trust them—you’ll fall in love…
- Crazy Cat Lady: Cat lovers, unite. Paw prints, mice, and cats in sweaters—how meow-velous!
- Girls Rock: Girls know there’s beauty in strength. This bold quilt strikes a power chord in the girls rock anthem.
- Scintilla: “Scintilla” refers to a flash. What better way to describe a quilt full of vibrant sparks of color?
- Reverb: Vivid reds and oranges pulse with sound so intense you know this one will top the charts!
- Spin Me: This quilt will certainly take you for a spin! Curves, mitered borders, and oversized templates? But, oh, how it sets your heart spinning!
Sew Easy Lessons
- Quick Hourglass Units
- Piecing Curves
- Stitch-and-Flip Triangles
- 8-at-a-Time Triangle-Square Units
- Mitered Borders