The crisp days of fall are approaching! The September/October 2019 magazines from the Quilting Company feature a bountiful harvest of patterns and inspiration for these cooler days.
This issue features two trunk shows from two quilters who are very important to us—Marianne Fons and Liz Porter. Marianne talks about Quilts of Valor, a program near to her heart, and Liz shares how block swaps re-awakened her love of quilting! For longarming advice, Dawn Cavanaugh gives practical tips on loading a quilt top to a longarm.
- Canoe Junction – The Crossed Canoe quilt blocks in classic, back-to-school colors make a crisp cover quilt.
- Garden Star Swap – Let autumn flowers bloom in this scrappy quilt built with star blocks.
- Hello Pumpkin – Kansas Troubles quilt blocks meet pumpkin and vine appliqué in this harvest season quilt.
Medallions and Halloween are the focus of this issue—with a few Christmas color options for you early birds! Meet some of our wonderful designers (Pam Boswell, Scott Hansen, and Elaine Theriault). Explore longarm ruler work on a longarm with Angela Huffman, quilting on your domestic machine with Lori Kennedy, and explore modern quilting with Vivika DeNegre.
- Autumn in Boston -This cover quilt is a classic pattern that gets a stunning update with fresh fabric choices.
- Medallion Millefiori – English paper piecing is brought to new heights with this sparkling medallion.
- Marigold Parade – Create autumn splendor with this medallion quilt by Terri Vanden Bosch.
This issue is all about getting cozy! Mandy Leins gives tips on working with fuzzy fabrics, and the patterns are all designed with to make you “fall” in love with quilting all over again!
- Autumn Path – Your eye dances across the surface of this festive fall quilt, which graces our cover.
- Moose Tracks – Take some cozy flannel and give this lively quilt pattern a spin.
- Whoo Wants to Play? – The adorable, interactive tic-tac-toe pillow is extra perfect—it has a pocket for the play pieces!
Always keeping it simple, Quick Quilts features nine fast patterns that celebrate two themes: back to school with Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) and dynamic movement. The two themes crossover more than you’d think!
- School Daze – Fussy-cut and embellish with buttons for the perfect back-to-school quilt!
- Up, Up, And Away! – How do you join striped and checked fabrics smoothly….? These dynamic arrows rely on a clever diagonal seams method.
- Molecular – Here’s a quick STEM -themed quilt for the little scientist in your life!
Triangles just got even easier in this issue of Easy Quilts! Learn to troubleshoot your patchwork points, and then get piecing with nine pattern using triangles. Hear more about the Quilts of Valor Foundation in our Giving Quilt feature.
- Glaciers – Simple and striking, this quilts lets you play with your new triangle knowledge.
- Prism Break – Let striped fabric do the heavy lifting in this triangle-square based quilt.
- Stars Over Santa Fe – Simple? You bet! Use the easy stitch-and-flip technique to create complex-looking blocks.