We look forward to hearing from you!
So, you want to write for us? We’d love to hear from you!
Below you will find submission guidelines for:
- Quilting Arts
- QuiltCon Magazine
If you’re not sure which magazine to submit to, don’t worry. We consider all submissions for the best possible placement.
Quilting Arts Magazine
At Quilting Arts, we celebrate contemporary art quilting, surface design, mixed media, fiber art trends, and more. We are always looking for new techniques, innovative processes, and unique approaches to the art of quilting. We’d love to hear from you!
What are we looking for?
- Beautiful and inspiring contemporary quilts and exhibits.
- Artists with inspiring portfolios of work to be featured in our In The Spotlight, Artist Profile, and Q&A articles. Show us your work and tell us your story.
- the last word. column: Do you want to have “the last word”? Submit your completed essay (up to 800 words) along with a low-resolution photograph to [email protected] with “the last word” in the subject line.
- Unique techniques, new ways to use existing tools and supplies, and ideas we’ve never featured before.
If you are teaching, blogging about, or exhibiting your art quilts, you probably have great ideas to share!
HOW TO SUBMIT
1. Write a brief description of your idea and email it to [email protected]. Your submission should give us an overview of what you propose to write with enough detail and supporting information for us to carefully consider your idea.
2. Attach up to three low-resolution photos of your art or process to your email, and don’t forget to include your full name, website, and contact information.
Note: We work far ahead in the year and sometimes can’t fit a piece into the magazine right away. Our editorial review process can take up to 12 weeks, but in many cases, we will respond to you much sooner. No phone calls or follow-up emails, please.
In addition …
- Most of our artist profiles, media, and product reviews, and reader challenges are written by our staff.
- We do all our photography in-house. If accepted, your work must be available to be shipped to our offices.